Friday, December 18, 2009

Malaysia Win Gold Medal Football SEA GAMES.

Malaysia's under-23 footballers beat Vietnam 1-0 in the National Stadium on the outskirts of capital Vientiane, courtesy of an own goal in the 84th minute by Mai Xuan Hop. Malaysia coach K. Rajagopal said his team were worthy winners, particularly on the strength of their second-half showing, in which they could have had more goals.

"I think after the Thailand match my players showed what they have," he said. Malaysia put holders Thailand out in the group stage, ending their run of success which started in 1993.He said his team had shown "a lot of determination, a lot of spirit, a fighting attitude and I think we are a good footballing team."I think we deserve to be the champion of the SEA Games in 2009. I think we did beyond our expectations," he added.

No comments: